Weddings in Paphos

1 What services does our
wedding co-ordinator provide?

2 How do we obtain our wedding licence?

> 3 What happens at the Town Hall declaration appointment?

4 Do we see the wedding location / vows prior to our wedding?

5 We are having a Church Wedding, will we meet the vicar prior to the big day?

6 What happens on our wedding day?

7 What happens after the wedding ceremony?

8 What weddings extras are available in Cyprus?

What happens at our Town Hall Declaration appointment?

The Town Hall is centrally located in Paphos Town but, if you are not familiar with Paphos, it's probably more convenient for you to take a taxi. Your hotel reception or wedding
co-ordinator will be happy to arrange this transport for you. Your wedding
co-ordinator will meet you at the Town Hall and accompany you throughout the appointment. The documents you will need to bring to the Town Hall are:

Birth Certificates
Affidavits stamped and signed by a solicitor
Original Decree Absolute (if divorced)
Deed poll proof of name change (if applicable)
Spouse's death certificate and marriage certificate (if widowed)
You will also need to bring cash in local currency to pay for the licence. This will be in the region of 285 Euros.

You will be asked to sign some paperwork. Firstly, a declaration, which is similar to the affidavits you obtained from your solicitor to say that you are free and single to marry. The other is your particulars form (which will have been re-typed in the Town Hall’s format). Please check these very carefully for any mistakes. If any have been made, then please correct and sign. It is vital that the information on this form is correct, as this is the information that will appear on your marriage certificate. If you sign this form and it has incorrect information then your wedding certificate will be incorrect and cannot be changed. You will then be asked to hand over your documents. The Town Hall will keep your original affidavits / decree absolutes for their files. You will then pay for your licence. If you are having a Town Hall wedding, the licence will be kept by the Town Hall. If you are having a Church wedding then a Certificate of Notification will be issued to your wedding co-ordinator, who will then pass this to the Church. This will be given back to you on the day, along with your marriage certificate. You will need two witnesses for your wedding. They must be over 18 and witnesses may be related to you. You will need to supply the full names and passport numbers of each person. Don’t worry if you don't have anyone accompanying you for the wedding as your wedding co-ordinator and a Town Hall or Church official can act as your witnesses.


Copyright 2007-2009 Paphos | All rights reserved